Question about Don Rosa's family tree

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Tue Dec 16 18:50:40 CET 2003

DANIEL:

>> No, you did not: click on "Walt Disney's Comics (and Stories) 600"
>> and go down to the info about the tree: Changes: sidebar with
>> DA,AMJ,GY,HLP is missing
>

> Apparently, you didn't get what I meant. Every editor can make
> changes. But even if the changes are basically the same as the
> changes made by another editor, they haven't independently made one
> new version. What they have made then, are *two* changed versions,
> which look more or less similar.

Sorry, I probably don't get it either, Daniel. In the case of Egmont
stories (D-coded) then sometimes such changes are given a new D-code,
but that is not always the case.

Stefan points out "Changes". We use that "terminology" for minor
changes, but only when we don't know any "official" code. Larger
changes, like a story that was completely redrawn or just traced usually
gets a "fake" code, but again...only if we do not know the "official"
code, if a such was ever made.

Essentially, it's up to the story file maintainers of Inducks to decide
whether a change needs a different code or just needs the original code
with a comment about certain changes. If you can work out a better
system, then I am all ears...

Søren