DCML Digest Issue 30

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Jun 24 08:45:59 CEST 2003

> From: Anthvvuono at aol.com
> Subject: To Don Rosa (again):
>        What does Matilda McDuck look like in her old age? Similar to her
> appearance at the end of LoS chapter 11B only with gray hair?

Y'don't wanna wait until you see the story? It's preyin' on your mind?
Well, yeah, I draw her that way but I put her hair in the back up into a bun
while leaving her bangs in the front. But since I only know one way to draw
bangs, she comes out looking a bit like my elderly Glittering Goldie. I
guess her HD&L style eyes with no glasses will set her apart if they're ever
in the same story side by side (which is unlikely).

> also wanted to
> know what's your next big project after Letter from Home. I hope
> it's another LoS
> chapter. You mentioned on this list some time ago you thought
> about doing an
> 8B with Goldie and Scrooge. Is that still your plan?

I never know. It might be that or another Three Caballeros story, or... I
dunno. I'd been thinking it might be nice to do a story for Goldie's 50th
anniversary, but I've already missed that. (And you're right -- the story I
have in mind would make it episode 8B while "Hearts of the Yukon" would have
to become 8C.)