"The Duck Who Never Was"

Arne Voigtmann ArneVoigtmann at gmx.de
Wed Jul 14 23:09:25 CEST 2004

Don Rosa wrote:

> Naturally, my original script had the form being filled out correctly --
> "month: 06" and "day: 09". Also, later in the story, I had Gus Goose
> chalking a Duck Family Tree onto a wall with himself and $crooge in the
> proper positions, but every single international version of the story had
> the names reversed when added by the local translator.

I checked that in the German translations, but in both the "60 years
Donald Duck" album and the 1994's "Micky Maus" issue (the story wasn't
reprinted in the "70 years Donald Duck" album in Germany) it was printed
correctly, with saying "Tag 09 / Monat 06" and showing Gus in the
upper right and Scrooge in the left of the family tree. Maybe someone
at Ehapa recognized the errors in the Egmont script and corrected them.

Best regards,
Arne