Bruce Hamilton

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Sat Jun 18 19:02:33 CEST 2005

I have just learned that Gladstone's owner and publisher, Bruce
Hamilton, passed away at around 3:00 a.m. today, following a serious
illness. For Sue and myself, who knew and worked with Bruce for many
years, this is both sad and sobering.

For the rest of the folks out there, his passing should be marked by
the recollection that Bruce Hamilton was the prime motivator of the
original black and white Carl Barks Library, the long-running and
well-regarded series of lithographs of the paintings of Carl Barks,
and Gladstone Comics, among other notable Disney-related publishing
projects. While others made their contributions, Bruce was there from
beginning to end. If it had not been for Bruce, I doubt many of us
would be on this forum talking about the things we talk about today.

Gary