June 2005 Gemstone Comic Previews

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 07:37:56 CET 2005

Hi all!

Here is the schedule for Gemstone comics from Previews Volume XV #4:

Donald Duck and Friends #329 --- In this issue's Carl Barks classic, "The Mad
Chemist," Donald becomes a brillant scientist after receiving a blow to the
head and invents Duckmite, the most powerful substance in the world! Also:
Mickey Mouse in "A Tale of Two Crusoes," and Donald Duck in "Limo Trouble!" 32
pages, FC $2.95

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck TP --- All twelve chapters of Don Rosa's
celebrated, Eisner Award-Winning series, detailing the history of the World's
Richest Duck, are presented here in this affordable trade paperback edition!
Look for a limited edition hardcover edition to be released later in 2005! 256
pages, FC $16.99

Mickey Mouse Adventures #4 --- This issue features three long Disney
adventure stories: Mickey Mouse in "Boxful of Troubles," by writers Pat and Carol
McGreal and artist J. Gonzalez; Donald Duck in "A Texas Tale," by Spectrum
Associates; and Mickey again in "Invasion of the Cybermen," by writer Rudy Salvagnini
and artist Marco Palazzi. Cover by Michel Nadorp. 128 pages, FC $7.95

Mickey Mouse and Friends #278 --- In response to many requests for a Mickey
story by Bill Wright, this issue features a full-length, 32-page classic
adventure from the Golden Age, "Mickey Mouse and the Rajah's Treasure," originally
presented in Mickey Mouse Four Color #231. Now Mickey enthusiasts can compare
Wright's powerful art style with that of the other Mickey raconteurs. 32 pages,
FC $2.95

Uncle Scrooge #343 --- "Pudding It Straight," one of William Van Horn's rare
Scrooge-centric ten-pagers, leads this issue, which also contains Scrooge
stories by Romano Scarpa ("Security") (YAY!), Pat and Carol McGreal ("A Knight to
Remember"), and Pat and Shelly Block ("Golden Slumbers")! Gyro Gearloose and
Beagle Boys shorts finish out the issue! 64 pages, FC $6.95

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #658 --- A vintage Carl Barks cover is
utilized to illustrate this issue's installments of the Mythos Island series:
"Pegasus" and "The Unicorn's Horn." William Van Horn's latest ten-pager, "A Bird in
the Hand," is also featured, along with Marco Rota's "Knight Rider," (Scarpa
and Rota in the same month? You're too good to me Gemstone. Keep it up!) plus
Goofy and Clarabelle stories! 64 pages, FC $6.95

A great month for Gemstone as far as I'm concerned: Scarpa, Rota, a Barks
story I haven't read before... plus I'll be curious to read the Bill Wright
story. I don't think even a Bucky Bug story could make the month that much greater.

As for the Life and Times book, will there be anything besides the 12
stories? Extra material, etc.? It's too bad the side stories aren't included. But
since it looks like Don will write Life and Times stories off and on for the rest
of his career, I guess it's hard to really have a 'definitive' edition.
Whenever that edition comes out (hopefully many, many years from now), it'll be a
monster of a book!

Derek Smith