Sonny and Gar

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Fri Jul 14 17:27:28 CEST 2006

Rich,

> I am probably wrong, but I *thought* Sonny Seagull had debuted some
> time back in
> the USA and his name was given as "Sonny Seagull" at the time.

Back when we were starting up Gemstone's Disney comics line I
remember going through a lot of Sonny Seagull stories in galley form
and never imagining the character had another name. Such a thought
never crossed any of our minds, and why would it? It's a perfectly
serviceable name for American readers.

I have no idea of another comics character exists, or ever existed,
that was named Sonny Seagull, but I wouldn't be surprised if there
were several. The name is as alliterative as they come, a real natural.

Gary