"100% fact based comics"

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Tue Jul 18 14:47:31 CEST 2006

Victor:

> Of course, 100 % fact based comics are MUCH better,

Maybe you should add textballoons to the pictures in your
encyclopaedia. Never a dull moment!

Surprisingly, only three stories on your list appear to be
based on facts to me, and then only very loosely.
("Guardians", "Charts", "Crusaders") In each case, the
author had to add large chunks of fiction to the facts to
write an entertaining story.

Notwithstanding the fact that these stories are also among
my own favourites, I strongly object to the notion that
stories with a base in fact are to be preferred above
stories with a purely fictional content. After all, it's
the story itself that counts, not the facts on which it's
based. And I honestly don't understand how you've come to
see "Voodoo Hoodoo" as a "100% fact based comic".

Greetings,

Michiel Prior.