Eisner Awards 2006

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 27 22:39:58 CEST 2006

BudPlant.com: Clippers, Covarrubias & Comic-Con Encapsulated!(I'd have to search for the e-mail address, but since there's a link with Disney comics...)

Congratulations to Todd Klein on winning his nth Eisner Award for Best Lettering !
(They'll just have to rename this award the Klein Award at some point, and elt others have a chance to get it)

I'm sorry Gemstone didn't get one this year.

A silly question to Todd Klein: is your Disney lettering style the closest one to your natural handwriting, or is it just as different as the fancier ones? (being "simple" doesn't mean it's just your plain handwriting style-- or does it?)
How long does it take to letter a Rosa ten-pager or adventure?

And something I've wanted to ask you for a while: how is all this lettering done, anyway? How much is handmade, how much computer-assisted (designed by hand, then on computer, for easier duplication-- I suppose)?

All the best,

Olivier