Junior Woodchucks Vs. Scouts

jyri lehtinen jyri_85 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 13:48:27 CEST 2007

In Finland Junior Woodchucks is translated into Cubs.
Therefore LHD are considered to be scouts. Is this the
case in some other countries?

The mistranslation is encouraged by both the scouts
and the publisher. This summer we had our century of
scouting weekend in Finland. Our Disney publisher gave
everyone a Donald Duck passpouch and had a small
section in the PR-tent.

Most Finns get their ideas of scouting from Junior
Woodchuck stories. So sometimes you hear really funny
questions;)

J.Y.R.I