DCML Digest, Vol 76, Issue 3

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Mon Jun 22 18:45:10 CEST 2009

Tom:

> I haven't seen any mention of the Disney duck books being picked up
> by Boom Studios anywhere on their site.  The only mention of
> anything Disney related is the Disney/Pixar Muppet comics deal from
> May which isn't duck related.
>
> I haven't seen any mention of this online...  Should I assume this
> is speculation - or did it actually happen?  If so, can anybody
> show me a reliable source?

My experiences with negotiating a license with Disney (it's a wringer
every licensee has to go through, though the Boom folks obviously
have experience of their own with that already) lead me to believe it
will be some time before we know anything "yea!" or "nay!" on the
matter. On the other hand, that means that for the time being no news
can be considered, well, neutral news anyway.

Gary